How to: Run a Competitor Landscape Report
Table of Contents
Video: How to run a Competitor Landscape Report
The Competitor Landscape report allows you to discover who your competitors are within the same space as your target URL. If you share a lot of common keywords with a certain competitor, it mostly means that you're offering the same services and products as they are. This report will give you a list of competitors, sorted by the number of common keywords.
Benefits of running this report.
- Identify competitors: See who you are competing with.
- Understand common factors: See how many competitors are using the same keyword set as you are, how much traffic they are getting and how much are they spending on a certain amount of traffic.
- Uncover keyword opportunities: Identify the ratio of your traffic and cost compared to your competitors. Check if you're using the right set of keywords or you need to add more to gain more traffic.
How to run a Competitors Landscape Report.
- On the SpeedPPC Dashboard, click Research and select Competitor Landscape.
- Add the Domain Name and choose your top level domain or region. The United States is the default selection on every report. Click Search.
Click Save Report on top of the page and fill out the details to add your report to the SpeedPPC Dashboard.
- Google Ads Keywords: Estimated number of your keywords and your competitor’s keywords in Google Ads.
- Google Ads Traffic: Estimated number of web users who visited your website and your competitor’s website.
- Google Ads Traffic Cost: Estimated spend for the website traffic received.
The report will also provide a visual representation of how many keywords you have in common with other advertisers and who are you competing with.
At the bottom of the page, a more detailed report will provide the Estimated Google Ads Keywords, Traffic and Ad Costs of your competitors. You will also have the option to export the file in CSV format.
Here is a sample preview of Competitor Landscape Report.
The first step in creating a business strategy is knowing who you are competing with. We made that easy with just a few clicks! Now that you have somewhere to start, you can run more of our research reports that can give you more in depth data about your competitors.
Which is your recommended report?
It really depends upon what you’re trying to achieve. We suggest you spend some time running reports and becoming familiar with report insights to ensure you are getting the most out of your SpeedPPC Partnership.
How old is the date shown on the report?
The data in the reports are updated monthly at least.
Where does your data come from?
Our research data is pulled from SEMRush. Most of our reports are unique in that they combine API pulls from SEMrush into a unique piece of information. For example, it may look at your website compared to your competitor and show what keywords they are bidding on that you are not.