How to: Run an Expanded Keyword Report
Table of Contents
Video: How to run an Expanded Keyword Report
Need fresh ideas for keyword targeting? Insert a keyword and we’ll expand your list based on that keyword phrase. You can think of this as vertical expansion. So it takes your existing keyword and finds more ways that this keyword is used.
Benefits of running an Expanded Keyword Report
- Discover new keywords: Check unique terms that the searchers are using for your products and services.
- Marketing Trends Insight: Understand the audience behavior for certain keywords.
- Keyword Insight: Compare keyword's attributes like cost-per-click and competition.
How to run an Expanded Keyword Report
- On the SpeedPPC Dashboard, click Research and select Expanded Keywords.
- Add a Keyword or Phrase and choose your top level domain or region. The United States is the default selection on every report. Click Search.
- You will have the option to Export or Save the keywords to your keywords list. You can also generate more keywords by clicking the More Results button.
- Click Save Report on top of the page and fill out the details to add your report to the SpeedPPC Dashboard.
- Search Volume: Number of times a specific keyword is used as a search query.
- Cost-Per-Click: The average keyword bid you need and the maximum prize that you're willing to pay for each click on your ad.
- Competition: This will show how many advertisers are competing for a particular keyword. The competition score is a number between 0 and 1 where a lower score indicates a lower level of competition while any score closer to 1 indicates a higher competition.
- Trends: This will show the audience behavior on a specific keyword.
Use Expanded Keywords Report to help you update your current keywords list and try alternative keywords that you haven't used before for a different approach. Discover unique keywords and stay on trend.
Which is your recommended report?
It really depends upon what you’re trying to achieve. We suggest you spend some time running reports and becoming familiar with report insights to ensure you are getting the most out of your SpeedPPC Partnership.
The keyword research tool doesn't bring me any results?
We integrate with the SEMRush database which has data on 20 billion keywords for 130 countries. However, the Internet is a big place, so there is a decent chance that for smaller websites, SEMRush hasn’t managed to reach them yet and you may get a "Not Found" error. Try searching for a more popular website to make sure that it’s working.
Should you include Negative Keywords?
There are many reasons why your keyword strategy should include negative keywords because negative keywords let advertising platforms such as Google Ads know that you wish to filter our specific search terms because they are not relevant to the products or services you offer.